Monday, October 16, 2006

First Weight In

Yeeaha went to my first WW meeting today. I was determined to go the new members table and pretend like I had not been before so I got the full run down from the start (especially since the plan has changed so much!) but I gave in! It was still a good briefing. But is it just me or has WW become a sales sales sales push or what? I was asked twice if I wanted to purchase packs or pay fees in advance, or buy magazines... hmmm...

Anyway, my starting weight is 75.5kg. Man, I managed to stack on 3.5kg along the way! Can't wait to shift it for sure. I have decided to try No Count for the first week, see how it goes. I am on day two of NC, it's going ok. Still sick with this cold so not sure if that is what is curbing my hunger pains or if I am in a different mind set. Either way, its great!

I found it hard when my Leader asked me what my goal weight was - pretty hard thing to ask on your first day at WW? The closets I ever got to goal was 69kg... down from 83kg. I was pretty happy with how I looked. So I think I will cut this weight loss into chunks.. start with 2kg goal, 5kg, 10% etc. Monitor how I feel along the way. Maybe 60kg will be too light? But hey! Can't wait to find out!!!!

I have been cruising the WW message boards the past 3 days while at home crashed on the couch. Great inspiration there for sure! One lady from Australia has started up a 10kg challenge - loose 10kg by 1 Jan, 2007. Over 140 ladies have joined up, and we are split into teams. I am on team PHAT STOMPERS. Love the name! The organiser has even put up prizes and started a blog to get people started http://www.10kgnewyearschallenge.blogspot.com/ if you have time check it out. Great way to kick start any weight loss programme.

Over the past few attempts at WW one of the reasons I think I loose interest is the leader. My god some of the WW leaders are crap arn't they? Mabye it's just me. I was lucky to really click with my first leader.... she was great. The leader I had today seemed pretty on to it. And she has managed to stay at goal too.. nothing worse than a leader who is over goal, moaning and complaining and saying it's all too hard. Seriously! My old leader was like that. Rather depressing and not very motivating hey :-) I went to a day meeting as I was off work sick, so not sure who my normal Leader will be at the evening meetings. Might pay off mixing and matching? And at the end of the day I only get out what I put in. Dam straight.

OMG I have got to stop watching Food TV! Had it on TV pretty much non-stop over the past 4 days while I have been home sick. Getting some great ideas, but oooohhh I get hungry!

Going to try a lemon-mustard chicken recipe tonight.. yum. That's the best thing about WW I reackon.. getting to try all these new foods I wouldn't have dreamed of eating before!

"If it's to be, it's up to me!" Peace out :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home